|Location||London - Middlesex, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||Feb 25, 2013|
|Category||senior designer/creative director|
Employee Status : Permanent
Schedule : Full-time
Closing Date : Mar 7, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Head of Creative, Lifetime
A+E Networks™ UK is the broadcaster of ground-breaking channels HISTORY™, Crime & Investigation Network®, BIO™, and MILITARY HISTORY® operating across the UK and EMEA.
We are growing, with plans to launch an exciting new channel in the UK this year. With a strong heritage in the US, the Lifetime brand is synonymous with providing critically acclaimed, award-winning and popular original programming. We are currently recruiting for the best in the business to make this brand a phenomenal success.
The new Head of Creative will be accountable for all the creative content for Lifetime, including the development and production of effective and innovative solutions for marketing campaigns, on-air promotions, channel branding and OSP design, off-air marketing tapes, sponsorship credits, and interstitials.
You will conceive, pitch, develop and produce all creative work for Lifetime, to agreed deadlines and budgets; review, supervise, and approve work and ensure it complies with laws and codes of practice; advise on the assignment of projects to others; identify and select suitable external creative/design agencies and freelancers for projects; prepare briefs.
You will write and direct on-air promos and lead major on-air/ATL marketing campaigns; support the Senior Director to provide creative guidance throughout the business, build strong relationships; and ensure the highest levels of creative work within the team.
The Creative department sits within MarComms and is responsible for the development and execution of a broad range of creative content for A+E Networks UK’s portfolio of channels. We strive to be a source of ideas and inspiration for our clients and our viewers. We provide a highly professional and efficient service in all areas of our creative work, on screen and off. We support and encourage the personal development of our team members at all stages of their careers.
As a trusted source of information we create entertainment to bring both ordinary and extraordinary human stories to life, engaging audiences across the globe. Want to be part of this vision? – join us!
A+E Networks™ UK. Sharing Stories That Matter
· Advanced knowledge/skill in TV on-air promotion and/or advertising copywriting and production, including directing
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; written and verbal. The ability to successfully present creative ideas to others, including senior managers
· Understanding of legal, financial, and OFCOM compliance issues
· Detailed knowledge of latest tools of TV production, particularly those required for the delivery of ground-breaking creative work in on-air promotion, advertising and digital media
· Evidence of consistent delivery of significant personal creative achievement
· Experience of leading, managing and developing other creative people in a team environment
· Experience of working with and influencing colleagues in marketing and programming at a senior level
· Strong, flexible leadership – inspiring others, with a mixture of fun and creative discipline
· To be a good listener – to both your clients and your team
· To share the love – don’t keep what you know to yourself
· Peripheral vision – know your subject inside out but follow what is going on in the wider creative world
· To be a sponge – your mind is filled with culture (high and low)
· A sense of autonomy – trust talented people to do talented things
· Considered expertise – know when to step in to give advice to bring out the best in people and their work
· Conviction – stand up for what you really believe in
Key competencies: Leading and supervising, Creating and innovating, Presenting and communicating information, Coping with pressures and setbacks.
To apply for this role please upload both a cover letter and CV. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit additional evidence of creative achievement.
It’s our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
- Motion Graphics Designer posted 6 days ago.